A living lab to catalyze high-impact innovations in Diversity & Inclusion.
The Science of Diversity & Inclusion Initiative (SODI) brings together leading researchers and organizations to identify, accelerate, and apply new evidence-based approaches to advance diversity, inclusivity, and belonging in our places of work and learning.
Close the Gap Between Research and Practice
- Providing D&I leaders access to cutting edge research
- Facilitating insight sharing among researchers and D&I leaders
- Creating space for dialogue across organizations in an intimate setting to share findings, exchange ideas, and priorities
Facilitate the Discovery of New Insight and Solutions
- Assisting researchers and D&I leaders in research collaborations
- Supporting research opportunities that work with existing organizational data, lab experiments, or field experiments in partnership with the organization
Provide Comprehensive Tools & Insights
- Sharing early insights from SODI-affiliated research
- Compiling existing research and knowledge in D&I from participating researchers
- Distilling information and best practices that organizations can use to help socialize and advance research projects
“The convening was an absolute A+. It was very powerful to bring corporate practitioners and top researchers together - just brilliant!”Isabel CruzGlobal Inclusion Leader, General Electric
“How you structured the interactions...moving around, breaking into small groups, brainstorming... I have attended these kinds of matchmaking events [between researchers and companies]; yours was one of the best.”Iris BohnetKennedy School of Government, Harvard University
“It was a great event. It’s fascinating to hear about the body of research that has been done and is ongoing in this field.”Paul JungProgram Manager - Experience Programs, Retail Learning and Development, Apple
Katherine W. Phillips
March 4, 1972 - January 15, 2020
Additional SODI Partners
We continue to grow our network of corporate partners and researchers.
SODI invites companies that are committed to fostering diversity and inclusion and are actively seeking new methods to join as SODI Innovation Sponsors. These companies take part in a community dedicated to accelerating diversity and inclusion through access to in-person convenings, an innovation cohort, and top researchers to run experiments based on the company’s D&I priorities. If interested in joining SODI as an Innovation Sponsor, please contact us.
SODI actively partners with behavioral science researchers who have interest in researching diversity and inclusion in an applied setting and/or experience with field experiments. One of our goals is to help more junior researchers access companies to run experiments and advance this field of inquiry. If interested in joining SODI, please contact us.